GPCA Small Watershed Community Committee
4th Annual Cleanup – Patapsco State Park
Saturday November 14th, 2020 from 8 to Noon
Meet and Park:
Woodstock Inn, Old Court Rd and Patapsco River
Remember this cleanup is Along an Active River and Streams!
BE PREPARED & SAFETY FIRST!
Because of Covid-19 we require all to wear masks and maintain distance. Being an outside event in a large area there is space to do this safely.
You’ll need the following equipment:
• Boots – waterproof suggested
• Eye protection strongly suggested because of brambles
• Long Pants, & Long Sleeve Shirt
Things you might also like to have:
• Insect Spray
• “Grabber” or a small garden rake to reach litter might be helpful
• Water bottle and Snacks
We will supply:
• Trash bags
• Safety Vest
• Latex gloves
Before We Start, We’ll gather briefly for:
• Make sure everyone has registered and signed waiver
• Announcements – Reminders
• Designated Collection Areas
• Make sure everyone has a buddy preferably a family member or friend
• All Children MUST be accompanied by parent or guardian
• Choose a buddy – you’ll keep an eye out for each other & help with large bulky items
• Never collect materials or objects that could to be hazardous – ask your buddy if not sure
• The site is largely open, sections have dense growths of brush, vines & brambles to contend with so… use eye protection!
Until Further Notice IN PERSON Board and General Meetings are CANCELLED. GPCA has purchased a ZOOM account and will announce details of how to join the online meetings.
** GPCA welcomes everyone to the GPCA Zoom Chat Sessions. Please make sure all background noise and visual distractions are eliminated or minimized so that each attendee can clearly hear the speaker. Please be respectable to our guest speakers when they have the floor, as well as, when attendees are asking the speaker questions. Thanks for everyone’s cooperation **
An email notice with the meeting time and details will be sent. If time allows meeting information will also be uploaded to the website. This notice will include the agenda and any presentations planned. Zoom information will be included: Date & Time; Zoom Meeting Link; ID number and Password. Call in information will also be provided.